To evolve high yielding, early maturing, insect pests resistant, heat and drought tolerant cotton varieties with desirable fiber characteristics in the agro climatic conditions of the province of Sindh.
- To evolve high yielding Cotton varieties with desirable fiber characteristics.
- To conduct basic and strategic research on cotton to improve yield and fibre quality.
- Study the cotton plant from botanical, genetically, pathological, entomological and physiological point in a coordinated manner.
- Development of effective and efficient disease and insect pest management strategies.
- Development of appropriate farming/cropping system for different cotton growing zones and their effective soil fertility management.
- To coordinate network research with all the stake holders.
- Educate, motivate and transfer cotton production technology from research Institute to the cotton growers.
- To assist in transfer of modern cotton production technology to various stakeholders.
- Identify problems of cotton growers and find out the remedial measures.
- Provide education and training for cotton production to growers, extension, research, teaching staff of government and non-government organizations.